Jawaban PPG Bahasa Inggris Formatif M2 LA2 - Recount TextSelamat Pagi teman-teman, kali ini kami akan berbagi Jawaban PPG Bahasa Inggris Jawaban PPG Bahasa Inggris Formatif M2 LA2 - Recount Text
Mohon share nilai di kolom komentar ya agar yang lain bisa memanfaatkan juga, kami juga menerima koreksi dan saran di kolom komentar.
KUNCI JAWABAN FORMATIVE TEST M2 LA2 RECOUNT TEXT
MODUL PROFESIONAL BAHASA INGGRIS
|Jawaban PPG Bahasa Inggris Formatif M2 LA2 - Recount Text|
Answer questions 1–10 based on the text below. Choose the best answer A, B, C, or D and click the respective option to mark your answer.
On the Roof of the World(1) Late in the afternoon we reached the top of the pass. At last we would be going downhill again. We had finished with wearisome ascents for the time being and glad we were of it. Armin, our yak, however, thought otherwise. He broke away and ran back uphill towards the pass. After endless difficulty we managed to catch him, but we could not get him to move and were obliged to camp in a most inhospitable spot where we could not light a fire – and so we supped on dry meal and raw meat. Our only consolation was the distant view of Mount Everest in the sunset glow.
(2) The next day we tied a rope round Armin's horns and led him over the pass, but he continued to misbehave. We had had enough of Armin and determined to exchange him at the next opportunity for another animal.
(3) Our chance soon came. At the next village I made what I thought was a good bargain and exchanged him for a shaky-looking horse. We were overjoyed and went on our way in high spirits.
(4) On the same day we reached a broad valley through which rushed a stream of green water carrying small ice-floes with it. It was the Tsangpo. That disposed of our dream of finding the river frozen and getting across on the ice. But we did not lose heart. On the opposite bank we saw monasteries and a number of houses and reckoned there must be some means of getting across the river. We thought of a ferry and as we were searching for one I found the piers of a hanging rope bridge. When we came to it we concluded that the bridge was all right for us to cross but no good for our horse. Animals have to swim, though the coolies manage sometimes to carry their donkeys across the swaying rope bridges on their backs. We tried to drive our horse into the river but he simply would not budge. By this time we were quite accustomed to having trouble with our animals, so I sadly made up my mind to go back to the village and try to effect a re-exchange. It cost me money and hard words to get back Armin, but I got him. He showed no sign of pleasure or of sorrow at seeing me again.
(5) It was dark by the time I brought him back to the bridge. By that time it was too late to get him across, so I tied him to a stake nearby. My companion Aufschnaiter had in the meantime found us a lodging and we passed a pleasant, warm night under cover. The villagers were accustomed to passing traders and took little notice of us.
(6) The next morning I forgave Armin all his misdeeds. When we had managed to persuade him to go into the water, he showed himself to be a splendid swimmer.
(Taken from Pick and Choose written by Robert Best, 1971, p. 36)
They had to camp where they could not light a fire because ...
they were too tired to go on any further
they wanted a view of Mount Everest
the yak, Armin, would not move
it was a most inhospitable spot
Question 2 (1 point)
They were overjoyed because....
they had got a lively horse
they had made quite a lot of money
they would soon be able to make a good bargain
they had got rid of the yak
Question 3 (1 point)
They thought it must be possible to cross the river because ...
they remembered there was a ferry at that point
there were buildings on the other side
the river was covered with ice
they never gave up hope
Question 4 (1 point)
They tried to get the horse into the water because ...
it was essential to teach him to swim
they were going to use the horse as the ferry
only donkeys can walk across rope bridges
they wanted him to swim over the river
Question 5 (1 point)
As it was dark ...
they were able to sleep well
they spent the night in the village
the author took Armin back to the bridge
the villagers did not see them very much
Question 6 (1 point)
The misdeeds which the author forgave Armin were ...
making them late the night before
his behavior on the pass
refusing to cross the river
Question 7 (1 point)
'otherwise' in the first paragraph means ...
in all other cases
Question 8 (1 point)
"We had had enough of Armin" in the second paragraph means ...
we had got enough food from Armin
we were tired of Armin
we had made as much money as we could expect out of Armin
Armin had served his purpose
Question 9 (1 point)
We did not lose heart' in the fourth paragraph means ...
we did not get cold
we did not give up hope
we still had a lot of energy
we still had feelings
Question 10 (1 point)
'budge' in the fourth paragraph means ...
Demikian postingan kami kali ini mengenai Jawaban PPG Bahasa Inggris Jawaban PPG Bahasa Inggris Formatif M2 LA2 - Recount Text
Jangan lupa share nilai di kolom komentar ya.